Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Young Girl

By Patricia, Stella, Stella, Jean, Earnest, Alice

This is adorable, wonderful fun. They were laughing about it, the other kids.


Her name is Jack, that was my name when my mother died. I had a horse named Jack 100 years ago. I was in the process of going down the road, but I forgot the real name because it had been so long.


Jack is dressed in casual sportswear. Little girls do that, too. Sometimes they lose shoes, my kids, and then I have to send them out after it.


Jack loves to be here. He was trying to get on the train, but the man said, “Nope, nope, nope.” She [Jack] had an accident, the skateboard went, “Boom, boom, boom.” I went to one doctor that was excellent. The man came out and said, “That was interesting.”


Broken bones are normal. He didn’t get badly done. Terribly, terribly people were crumbing. I was talking to him about it, and he said, “Come on. Come on. Come on.” You can’t do that to everybody.


Anything can be an uneven thing. I’m going to change Jack to Star, one of the best-looking parade horses. The horse fell in the wet grass because it made a sharp turn, and the legs came from out from under it. We were supposed to go around one side and back, but the horse in front of her fell. It’s a very short story. I’m sorry.


Right now I’m trying to walk around and find my stuff from three months ago. Someone stole my telephone and television.


Yes, mine was stolen, too. People never get punished for it. Our first thing was to go buy a lock, but they don’t do that now. Anybody can take what they want. I say my prayers every night, and they are going to burn in Hell forever.


Have you ever been to Mardi Gras? A guy came up and said, “Let me see it.” Then he took it and walked off. Three years later I got this thing in the mail, and they said, “When you graduated from school, how old were you?” Be sure you don’t give out your information.


Getting hurt was worth it for Jack. I don’t have any broken bones. Something is really wrong. Not something bad, that’s not what it is like at all. Going, “Puh-dump, puh-dump, puh-dump” could kill you. Someone tried to kill you.


My mother and my father have the same thumb. There are so many people that think they have more things, to get other things, to get in things, get a whole bunch of things downstairs. You have to be able to think about what you are doing.


Jack is going to be the happiest person in the world, because he is not in a wheelchair any more. I can do it. I could have done it when I was a kid.


“What is she doing?” - Jack got this to speak out. That is what she does now.


This circle [the storyteller points to the wheel of the wheelchair] is the only one that can charge you five toes. They put Jack in here to be out of trouble. It worked. But then he got in trouble again. He is too small to lie, steal, and cheat. Jack is not a trouble maker, he is fine, good, and very smart. When he was a little kid, we’ve all done little tiny stupid things.


Every morning I put my hand out and he says, “I love you.” There are so many places that are happening now. People that we thought about that were terrible, terrible people, we took them in, and now they are good.


Jack is good, because of [the way she is dressed - the storyteller demonstrated by touching her clothes]. She is smart. I know it. She is fun. Jack likes to make things for other people. She doesn’t like to sew or knit. She didn’t cook for other people. She made something small enough to fit in her hand [the storyteller gestures, hands together with palms facing up, as if presenting a gift to someone].

No comments:

Post a Comment